Conference on “Reporting New Realities in Asia and the Pacific” to be held in Hong Kong April 25-28
Shifting power dynamics and changing economic landscapes. China’s growing impact and Obama’s developing foreign policies. Challenges in security, climate and health. Emerging media models. Journalists today are faced with an astonishing range of new realities to report, and nowhere are these more evident than in the world’s most dynamic region — the Asia Pacific.
Co-sponsored by the East-West Center’s Asia Pacific Center for Journalists and the University of Hong Kong’s Journalism and Media Studies Centre, the International Media Conference will feature expert on-the-ground updates and insights on key news and media issues, and opportunities for participants to build new networks and information sources among an anticipated 200 journalists and other professionals from Asia, the Pacific and the U.S.
For registration and information, including tentative agenda and speaker list, visit: www.eastwestcenter.org/mediaconference
Featured speakers and panelists include:
- Surin Pitsuwan, ASEAN Secretary-General
- Kurt Campbell, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State
- Hu Shuli, Editor-in-Chief, Caixin Media, China
- Sanjaya Baru, Editor, Business Standard, India, former Media Advisor to the Prime Minister
- Asia Pacific and U.S. Experts on Internet media
For more information:
- Hong Kong: Ms. Kylie Chan + (852) 2219-4416/ email@example.com
- Honolulu: + (1) 808-944-7332/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Business Paper: